GETTING HEALTHY: SNACKS

by - 1:21:00 PM


When you are a student it is always easy to reach for the junk food and eat take out. I have always eaten relatively well and know what my body can and cannot handle but often I find myself with an empty fridge and that's when the wheels fall off. Here are three Items you should try keep in your fridge. ( I am learning as I go along. I am not a professional on nutrition but mealy documenting what helps me and I find useful and non harmful in staying healthy/learning how to be healthier)

Peaches: Are a good source of antioxidants and vitamin C they also satisfy the sweet tooth

Mint and lemon water: If you struggle to get through a litre of water every day, this is a good way to make sure you do. Make a pitcher (Glass pitcher, R50.00 at clicks) Fill it with water, add mint leaves and squeeze fresh lemon's into the water, mix it all together and keep it in the fridge. It taste's good, lemon juice is great for your skin and digestive system and it adds some flavour to water. keep a glass close by and make sure you fill it through out the day or fill a water bottle.

Rye Bread: Is  a much better option than most breads as it is high in fibre, low in fats and doesn't cause your blood pressure to spike like other breads would. I find it fills you up for longer and if your looking for a quick lunch it tastes great with low fat cheese or tuna mayo. Fuller for longer

You May Also Like

0 COMMENTS