SUMMER HIDE AWAY

by - 10:29:00 AM


Koel bay. This is one of the most beautiful places in Cape Town. I have had the pleasure of spending some time there in the last month. Located just around the corner from Gordon's Bay on the coastal road, as you take a corner your suddenly overwhelmed by the splendor of the mountain backdrop and the ocean below. The beach stretches out for ages along the warm sea water. Unlike more commercial beaches during the week its relatively quiet and only surrounded by the local surf crowd who can be seen competing for those beautiful waves. For me it's a special place. I love the beach and the sea and the fact that its usually so quiet makes it even better, with a good book or company of friends you feel kind of at peace and separated from the hustle of daily life. There is no signal down on the beach and no shops close by so stock up on water and food. Last time I was there I really took it all in. We hear people complain so often about our country and its problems but what about showing some gratitude for the beauty that lies right here on our doorsteps? every time I go I feel privileged to be walking down in the morning warmth and baking in the hot sun dozing and switched off for a few blissful hours. Made me realise how beautiful life is and that sometimes when things get too much its good to have some quiet contemplation and break away.

You May Also Like

0 COMMENTS